Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Five generations of Frees and why I need your help for the next 5 generations

About 1974 my parents asked me to document four generations of family group sheets for them. That would be my first five generations. With their help I documented every line of every family group sheet for those five generations over the next years. For the Free family that would include:
Lory M Free, Wenlock A Free, Absalom P Free and Annie Hicks, and Andrew Free. See also the discussion of Thomas Free and Moses Free included in the book.

Since that time I have added, with the good help of many people, more than four additional generations on Mary Pennington Free's line. Many of you will have been recipients of this research at family reunions held in the 1980s. Most of the pedigrees and family group records you see published on the web and in church archives are from these family group records.

As you can see, Jill and I are doing the same thing for the generations after Mary Pennington Free at this time. The stellar work done on the William Sherwill family group record reported in this blog is an example of the thoroughness and extensiveness of our research.

However, with the advent of the Internet, records are appearing that have not been available heretofore. We look for those records and welcome them when they appear. We hope you will share with us anything you may find, and we truly hope you will look for such records.

In other words, we welcome your help with research as well as several other endeavors such as contacting Free relatives and inviting them to join with us. If you are interested in research assignments, please let us know. The paragraph below will explain why your help is crucial to the success of the Free family history.

For more than half my life I have had Addison's Disease. It is a terrible condition caused by adrenal gland failure. No adrenaline, no moving. Think of those you know who have chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, low thyroid, osteoporosis, severe hypoglycemia and how they blunder through life. Well I have all of those. So my heart, mind and spirit are always true and faithful, but my body does its own thing. I have this small window of opportunity where a new drug is letting me work several hours a day. Please help me get the book written while I can. And never, ever be offended by anything I do or say. The rhythm of Addisons is unpredictable. Please pray for me, support me, send me good vibs, etc. I need them. LFK

No comments:

Post a Comment